Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sin and Headship

As I'm about to become a daddy, I've been looking at my life and wondering how it is going to change. I mean there are all of the usual ways, diapers, crying, and no free-time, but I'm thinking more about how my role is going to change.

I've come to realize that my sin has a much larger impact now than it used to. This is not to say that God finds it any more or less repugnant than before but that my sin is going to directly impact the lives of those I've sworn to protect and provide for.

I see it affecting their lives in two ways: 1) As sin entered the world through one man (Rom 5:12) so any sin I allow to stay in my life will probably be passed down to my wife and child and 2) I am the head of my family as Christ is the head of the church (Eph 5:23-24), so my sin lies to my family about Christ's faithfulness to his church. Not only can sin impede or nullify my role as provider and protector, but it also ruins my witness of Christ's faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment