Monday, March 8, 2010

A handy Prayer Journal


I think I've referenced the book I'm reading quite a few times--Concentric Circles of Concern. Very good book.

This book and the man that bought it for me have caused me to rethink how I pray. It challenges me to pray precisely. Instead of the general "Lord bless so-and-so," I should pray specifically, "tear down the stronghold of pride in so-and-so's life."

I have implemented this by keeping a prayer journal. It's a very thin Moleskine that I keep in my hip pocket. On the left page I write out what I am praying for and the right page directly across from that request I leave it blank until God answers or something happens.

So far I have found this to be a very exciting and fun experience. It helps me remember who to pray for and most importantly, it offers me a place where I can record how God has responded.

All-in-all, this has been a useful addition to the discipline of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment